Revolutionizing MIDI Control with AI: A Concept for Real-Time Parameter Adaptation

Robin

May 3, 2023, 2:22:17 AM5/3/23
to Magenta Discuss

Hey everyone, I wanted to share an idea I had for an AI-driven MIDI controller that could potentially be integrated with Magenta Studio. The concept involves real-time adaptation of parameters based on given prompts or through self-exploration, allowing producers to experiment with different sounds and create unique patterns quickly.

I know the Magenta team is engaged in pure research, and I was wondering if this idea aligns with the team's vision for the future of music production. Do you think this would be something worth exploring further? And what are your thoughts on the potential challenges and benefits of an AI-driven MIDI controller?

Robin

May 3, 2023, 2:26:15 AM5/3/23
to Magenta Discuss, Robin
the goal is to have an application that listens to the daw (ableton) and sends midi signals as parameters. the application doesn't have to be external, either it just sends midi parameter values or you could also use a virtual MPE device. the AI will change the parameters to sound like the given prompt, alternatively it could also play around with all the parameters to create an interesting sound. the adjustment process will happen in real time.