Magenta Studio Stopped working

No Privacy

Mar 27, 2021, 4:23:58 PM3/27/21
to Magenta Discuss
I had been using Magenta Studio successfully (and enjoyably) in Windows 7 Ableton Live Suite 10 from November 2019 to November 2020. Got a nice new Windows 10 PC so I could update Ableton to 11. Finally got the new machine to the point where I wanted to add Magenta when I hit a brick wall - it loads on a track just fine (but slowly considering SSD and 32G memory) and each of the modules comes up OK, BUT the Input or Output track selector is grayed out and not selectable. I tried it on completely new empty sets, sets with existing midi tracks - didn't matter - same behavior. Ohhh.... Maybe there is a Windows 10 firewall or app permission issue.

OK - lets take a look at the dozens of tracks I made on the Windows 7 Live 10 machine. Switched over to the old machine, opened Live, loaded up one of the Magenta sets and Magenta failed in exactly the same way as on the new machine - Each module loaded, but the track selector was gray and non-functional.

Ableton on the Win7/Live10 was auto updating versions and is on 10.1.30 and the Win10/Live11 is on the latest 11.0.1. Is Magenta supposed to be running OK on 10.1.30 and 11.0.1?

Any ideas why Magenta is suddenly lost in space and unable to finds its tracks on 2 machines with different Windows and Ableton versions??