Load subset of NSynth Dataset

Remy SAKSIK

Jan 9, 2022, 11:13:42 AM1/9/22
to Magenta Discuss
Hi All,

I am doing a study on the NSynth Dataset (TFR train and test) using codelab.
But I am not interesed to load the full dataset as I run out of storage.
I am only interesed in the following subset:
- instrument source  = acoustic
- instrument family  = guitar.

Is there a way to load and select a subset train dataset with codelab or I need to manually download the TRF and create the subset myself and load the subset TFR file into codelab?

for now i am doing:
ds_train, ds_test = tfds.load(
name="nsynth", split=["train", "test"], data_dir=DATA_DIR
)

Which result into a ResourceExhaustedError

Thanks for your advice....I am quite new to this topic, feel free to recommend some reading.

Regards
Remy