How is it possible to use the Chamber Ensemble Generator if it's not a VST?

Arianna Cunningham

May 27, 2023, 8:54:28 PM5/27/23
to Magenta Discuss
So I've recently discovered the Chamber Ensemble Generator, just now, and I listened to the audio demos of the Bach Chorales used in it. I thought it would be very interesting to use it so I can make more realistic click tracks for a Bach Chorale project I might end up doing.

The problem is, there's no VST version available. I looked at the instructions on how to use the script, but it's extremely confusing for me. Is there a way someone can please help me out with this?

Ethan Manilow

May 30, 2023, 1:56:01 PM5/30/23
to Magenta Discuss, cunnin...@gmail.com
Hello!

You are correct in that the Chamber Ensemble Generator is not a VST, therefore it cannot be used within a DAW (i.e., Logic Pro, Ableton, Pro Tools) to make audio. Instead, you have to use python on the command line. Check out the instructions on how to install and run it on this page. If you have any specific issues, feel free to open up an issue on that Github page.

Best,
Ethan