Ableton

Kavi Kapoor

Oct 25, 2023, 11:23:06 AM10/25/23
to Magenta Discuss
Hi,
I am trying to use Magenta Drumify as a plugin on Ableton Live 11. I am able to drag the Magenta plugin into my audio effects bar, however, when I click on Drumify the Drumify icon just becomes white and does not do anything. Any chance anyone can give me some assistance with this?

Thanks so much!

Best,
Kavi

Cassie Tarakajian

Oct 25, 2023, 11:40:45 AM10/25/23
to Kavi Kapoor, Magenta Discuss
Hi Kavi,

Can you tell me your operating system, Live version, and the Max version if you are not using the bundled version? Thank you!

Cassie

--
Magenta project: magenta.tensorflow.org

Kavi Kapoor

Oct 25, 2023, 11:47:38 AM10/25/23
to Magenta Discuss, Magenta Discuss, Magenta Discuss, Magenta Discuss
Hi Cassie,
I'm using a macOs Ventura 13.4, and Ableton Live 11, basic pack. I believe these should allow Magenta to run fine, no?

Best,
Kavi

Cassie Tarakajian

Oct 25, 2023, 2:23:39 PM10/25/23
to Kavi Kapoor, Magenta Discuss
Hi Kavi,

You are correct! In fact, I'm using the same specs. There have been some crashes reported that I am having trouble reproducing.

One last question. Can you try navigating to the website http://loccalhost:3333 while the device is loaded in your Ableton set, and let me know if you are able to use the interface there?

Feel free to email me directly—we can continue to debug off the mailing list.

Another thing that would be helpful is sending me a screen recording of what is happening. Again, feel free to send this to me directly.

Thank you!
Cassie

Kavi Kapoor

Oct 26, 2023, 11:28:38 AM10/26/23
to Magenta Discuss, ctara...@google.com

Hi Cassie,
Thanks so much for helping out. So oddly enough I was running on a Free Trial of Ableton and just upgraded to the basic pack, and I just got a notification when I tried to input Magenta that the plug in was not available with my basic plan in Ableton. Not sure what to do here! I do need it for an important project I'm working on and would really love to not blow a ton of cash on an upgrade if I dont need it

Thanks,
Kavi

Kavi Kapoor

Oct 26, 2023, 11:29:06 AM10/26/23
to Magenta Discuss, Kavi Kapoor, ctara...@google.com
Also yes would be happy to continue this one on one

Cassie Tarakajian

Oct 26, 2023, 12:12:04 PM10/26/23
to Kavi Kapoor, Magenta Discuss
Okay, this is really helpful! I believe Max for Live is only included with Live Suite, which is the most pricey version of Live. That being said, there are student and teacher educational discounts on the software, I believe there is a Black Friday sale every year, and other ways to get a discount on Ableton Live.

You could also try downloading the standalone plugins for Magenta Studio 1.0 (https://magenta.tensorflow.org/v1/studio). They are not directly integrated with Ableton Live but you can use the different ML algorithms by loading MIDI files and exporting MIDI files. I just tried them on my computer which has the same specs as yours and they are working for me.

Cassie

Cassie Tarakajian

Oct 26, 2023, 12:13:33 PM10/26/23
to Kavi Kapoor, Magenta Discuss
I realized that I didn't say this explicitly, but if you used the Magenta Studio 1.0 standalone applications, you would not need to upgrade to Live Suite.

Cassie

Kavi Kapoor

Oct 26, 2023, 6:15:18 PM10/26/23
to Magenta Discuss, ctara...@google.com, Magenta Discuss, Kavi Kapoor
Ah this is helpful. Thanks Cassie. That is with the 600 USD version of Ableton, the complete studio? Will have to see if we can get funding for that. Meantime, is there no way Magenta will work in the basic version? I suppose only with 1.0?