HowTo convert live analog audio stream to live MIDI output stream with Magenta ?

a a

Jul 29, 2020, 6:14:19 AM7/29/20
to Magenta Discuss
re:
HowTo convert live analog audio stream to live MIDI output stream with Magenta ?

There are apps which can live record analog audio stream into MP3, WAV or another audio format

There are apps which can convert MP3, WAV audio into MIDI

What I am looking for is

Microphone's live audio stream input from analog Piano played
to be live converted into MIDI output stream
to be sent to MIDI visualizer, animation application

Just look at Brendan, playing analog Piano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3FTpv_R3EA&list=RDE3FTpv_R3EA&start_radio=1

https://youtu.be/E3FTpv_R3EA?list=RDE3FTpv_R3EA

Let me know if Magenda can take live analog audio input from a microphone and process real-time intro live MIDI oputput stream to feed MIDI visualizer, animation app

thank you

https://hackaday.io/project/173789-midi-file-animation-for-a-handicapped-piano-player

MIDI file animation for handicapped piano player

a a

Jul 29, 2020, 6:59:33 AM7/29/20
to Magenta Discuss
appending your excellent web links for future reference

"

Onsets and Frames: Dual-Objective Piano Transcription

Curtis Hawthorne cghawthorne fjord41
Erich Elsen ekelsen

Update (9/20/18): Try out the new JavaScript implementation!

Update (10/30/18): Read about improvements and a new dataset in The MAESTRO Dataset and Wave2Midi2Wave!

Onsets and Frames is our new model for automatic polyphonic piano music transcription. Using this model, we can convert raw recordings of solo piano performances into MIDI.

https://magenta.tensorflow.org/onsets-frames

"

Onsets and Frames Transcription

Onsets and Frames is an automatic music transcription framework with piano and drums models. This notebook demonstrates running the model on user-supplied recordings. For more details on the architecture of the model and training datasets, see our papers:

And blog posts:

https://colab.research.google.com/notebooks/magenta/onsets_frames_transcription/onsets_frames_transcription.ipynb#scrollTo=Z5SYRvIm8gq5

Merlin's Guide to the Seagull Merlin M4 Joe Cool

Jul 29, 2020, 7:20:54 AM7/29/20
to a a, Magenta Discuss
I use a Sonus G2M to convert guitar to midi. I have also pit a microphone through it and hummed and it works...

--
Magenta project: magenta.tensorflow.org

a a

Jul 29, 2020, 7:52:24 AM7/29/20
to Magenta Discuss
thank you my friend
It looks like Sonus G2M hardware solution works fine.
Can you hook it up to https://synthesiagame.com/ Synthesia MIDI animation application to see what is generated ?

Microphone input is ok.
Can you connect radio broadcasted music as input to watch MIDI animation results ?

https://www.amazon.com/Sonuus-G2M-Universal-Audio-Converter/dp/B01KNIOX2O

https://www.amazon.com/Fishman-TriplePlay-Connect-Guitar-Controller/dp/B07VHYYDWX/ref=pd_sbs_267_2/145-1065714-8909341?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07VHYYDWX&pd_rd_r=939da5d9-435a-43b2-a0f6-71a64f577cdc&pd_rd_w=vF5XK&pd_rd_wg=uPyB5&pf_rd_p=bc074051-81d1-4874-a3fd-fd0c867ce3b4&pf_rd_r=BJBTBZD3ZNV879PFQ3Y6&psc=1&refRID=BJBTBZD3ZNV879PFQ3Y6

Sonuus for Piano is exactly what I need

thank you

darius

Curtis "Fjord" Hawthorne

Jul 29, 2020, 4:46:59 PM7/29/20
to a a, Magenta Discuss
You might also be interested in our realtime TF-Lite implementation of Onsets and Frames. It's definitely still in the "experimental" stage, so we can't provide much support for it, and might not work for all cases, but it may help with what you want: https://github.com/magenta/magenta/tree/master/magenta/models/onsets_frames_transcription/realtime

-Fjord

Merlin's Guide to the Seagull Merlin M4 Joe Cool

Jul 29, 2020, 5:54:36 PM7/29/20
to a a, Magenta Discuss
I'll try it tomorrow... the device is monophonic though, sonic not sure if it will work...

Carlos Martorell

Jul 30, 2020, 10:56:02 AM7/30/20
to Merlin's Guide to the Seagull Merlin M4 Joe Cool, a a, Magenta Discuss
I think I haven't seen Imitone around:

a a

Jul 30, 2020, 7:29:37 PM7/30/20
to Magenta Discuss, seagul...@gmail.com, mant...@gmail.com
Thank you Carlos,

I am afraid, I am not ready to suggest

"
pre-order imitone for mac and pc
(includes instant beta access)
select an edition:

to my friend, handicapped piano player

It doesn't matter GUI
Just let us know it really works, reading live audio stream on input (poliphony supported or not)

generating live MIDI output stream  for MIDI visualizer

or loop MIDI audio output as delayed input to verify in MIDI animation generated and recorded
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to magenta...@tensorflow.org
---
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to magenta...@tensorflow.org.

--
Magenta project: magenta.tensorflow.org

Vincent Neo

Aug 11, 2020, 10:26:15 AM8/11/20
to Magenta Discuss, mant...@gmail.com
First of all, thank you for the wonderful TF-Lite model you have provided, it is performing rather decently.
However, I would just like to ask if there are additional post processing steps needed, because the midi score I got using the TF-Lite model differs rather significantly from the one in the browser Piano Scribe even though the audio supplied is the same. From what I can see in the midi score generated by the python code provided for the realtime TF-Lite model in the github repo, it seems like there are many very short notes which are incorrectly detected.
---
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to magenta...@tensorflow.org.

Curtis "Fjord" Hawthorne

Aug 11, 2020, 1:23:52 PM8/11/20
to Vincent Neo, Magenta Discuss, a a
Hi Vincent,

The main Onsets and Frames model on GitHub is our best model. The Piano Scribe and TFLite models were trained with slightly different setups to handle things like differences in spectrogram calculation and to improve inference speed. You're right that the TFLite model in particular might need more complex post-processing because it's stitching together lots of small segments instead of being able to look at the entire piece at once. We haven't had much time to experiment with ways to improve those setups, but if you find something that works better, please let us know!

-Fjord

---
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to magenta-discu...@tensorflow.org.

Vincent Neo

Aug 18, 2020, 8:26:47 AM8/18/20
to Magenta Discuss, Curtis Hawthorne, Magenta Discuss, mant...@gmail.com, Vincent Neo
Hi Curtis,

Thanks for your reply. I will look more into it to see how I can improve these setups. Is it possible for you to elaborate on the differences between the TFLite model and the main Onsets and Frames model?
- Vincent

Curtis "Fjord" Hawthorne

Aug 31, 2020, 8:45:04 PM8/31/20
to Vincent Neo, Magenta Discuss, mant...@gmail.com
We trained it with a slightly different method for generating the spectrogram, and there are a few variations listed on the page about whether the LSTM is bidirection/unidirectional and whether the offset stack is included.

-Fjord

Xiao-Yu Ding

Nov 16, 2020, 11:33:02 PM11/16/20
to Magenta Discuss, Curtis Hawthorne, Magenta Discuss, mant...@gmail.com, vencin...@gmail.com
Hi Curtis,

Does your team have plan and timeline to make TFLite model the same quality as Piano Scribe.  If not, what’s the best way to use achieve Piano Scribe quality on mobile devices?

Thanks.

Xiaoyu