Re: TensorFlow IO Release Inquiry

Yong Tang

Nov 6, 2023, 1:21:39 PM11/6/23
to Katz, Ohad, i...@tensorflow.org, cut...@gmail.com, terryt...@gmail.com, Chumbalkar, Tejas, Schneider, Mike, Sharma, Yogesh, Sampath, Kirubakaran
Hi Ohad,

We have been actively working on getting a new version of the tensorflow-io out for the past several weeks. However, we are still facing some issues as the python version got changed in upstream tensorflow, and manylinux2014 was introduced in upstream release. This also caused additional changes on GitHub actions runner script (we were based on python3.8 which is not viable and needs many updates to align to new version).

I can only say it is close and I hope a new version can be released this week. Finger crossed, though.

Thanks
Yong

From: "Katz, Ohad" <ohad...@amazon.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 5:14 PM
To: "i...@tensorflow.org" <i...@tensorflow.org>
Subject: TensorFlow IO Release Inquiry

Hi there,

I am on the Deep Learning Containers and AMI team at Amazon. Our team is working on the GA build for TensorFlow 2.14, and we rely on TensorFlow-IO for our workflows that utilize AWS S3. I wanted to know if there is a release date for TensorFlow-IO that will support TF2.14. Please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Best,

Ohad Katz

signature_4055464679