Expected Way to Return Image in Tensorflow Serving

rohan mahajan

Apr 18, 2022, 9:28:21 AM4/18/22
to Discuss
In tensorflow serving, what is the best way to return an image. I found
many examples taking in images but none returning them. I would think
it would be tf.encode_png or something like that but I having issues here with that
https://groups.google.com/a/tensorflow.org/g/discuss/c/yzN6Q_WJ9LE

John Davis

Apr 18, 2022, 10:10:26 AM4/18/22
to rohan mahajan, Discuss
Rohan,

I am interested in your work, but I can't answer your question directly.  However I can point you to some code in the tensorflow docs which might help.

There is an example on image classification which uses the fashionNist dataset.  It uses code that pulls images to the filesystem as gzip files, then loads it to tensors. How it does decompression and read from files into tensors is hidden under the covers of the example.

In a similar vein mxnet/gluon uses this same dataset.  Its similar in that you download the gz and then there is a transform you apply that converts to tensor.  I am curious how they both work, but I don't know.

Lastly, I am using each of these examples in my weekly workshop on gcp and aws.  I meet with foks via google hangouts and we work together on code.  My next meeting is this sunday at 10am EDT for gcp and 11am for AWS.   If you wish to join us this sunday and share what you have learned or simply work with me to figure this portion out I'm happy to collaborate.  FWIW, up to this point we have gotten the actual ML work out of the way.

Here is how to get to the weekly workshop https://rtp-gcp.org/about.html

John F. Davis
6 Kandes Court
Durham, NC 27713