Cherry-pick Keras metrics fix to 1.14.1 release branch

Lukas Geiger

Jul 18, 2019, 2:10:56 PM7/18/19
to TensorFlow Developers
Hello everyone,

We are currently using TensorFlow 1.14.0 and are running into major problems when using Keras metrics with the layer.add_metrics() API inside distribution strategy scopes.

This is a known problem and has been fixed quite some time ago in https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/commit/989b78521a39b57940ea24f85ecc9765c54b9bf1.

Is it possible to get this patch released in TensorFlow 1.14.1?
Currently the only solution for us is to not use Keras metrics inside distribution strategies or to run on the latest nightly which includes a fix for this.

I am happy to provide more context if needed.

Thanks,
Lukas

Paige Bailey

Jul 18, 2019, 2:43:05 PM7/18/19
to Lukas Geiger, Alexandre Passos, Karmel Allison, Priya Gupta, TensorFlow Developers

Paige Bailey

Product Manager (TensorFlow)

@DynamicWebPaige

webp...@google.com

Günhan Gülsoy

Jul 18, 2019, 2:44:53 PM7/18/19
to Paige Bailey, Mihai Maruseac, Lukas Geiger, Alexandre Passos, Karmel Allison, Priya Gupta, TensorFlow Developers

Mihai Maruseac

Jul 18, 2019, 3:46:35 PM7/18/19
to Günhan Gülsoy, Paige Bailey, Lukas Geiger, Alexandre Passos, Karmel Allison, Priya Gupta, TensorFlow Developers
Hi,

Sure, I made https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/pull/30859 to cherry-pick it.

I'm doing the patch release slowly over the next two weeks, as I'm OOO and only check work once every few days for just a few minutes for urgent/important stuff. Most of the work should be automated anyway, I just need to check failing tests and get them fixed
--
Tensors must flow securely