Tensorboard on vertex ai jupyter notebook

Anastasia Derzhanskaya

Jul 11, 2022, 4:24:23 AM7/11/22
to TensorFlow Developers

I use tensorboardx SummaryWriter to write training logs of lightgbm training in jupyter notebook on vertex ai. I use default saving directory "runs" and this case and as I can see, .tfevents files successfully were written to pointed location.

Then I use in jupyter notebook "%load_ext tensorboard" - it executed successfully too. However when I execute "%tensorboard --logdir runs" it works, but shows that there are no information to present - it can't see anything in pointed location. Does anyone have an example how I need specify the location for saving logs to be visible to tensorboard extension in jupyter notebook in vertex ai, although locally everything works well.