TensorFlow detection of traffic signal colors

John Peters

Sep 19, 2022, 4:28:43 PM9/19/22
to TensorFlow Developers

-Beep-tone on Green-

We are training TensorFlow to recognize the green traffic light and beep when the red light turns to green. It will run on a raspberry pI sitting on the dashboard. Of course it will only beep when the car is not moving and a red light turns green. It will work the same as it does in a Tesla.

We have long traffic controls here in San Francisco and I tend to look around while waiting for the light to change to green. Sometimes I get beeped by the driver behind me. After training, we will run it on a Raspberry pi, smart camera and the coral USB accelerator.

brooklin...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2022, 7:07:49 PM9/19/22
to TensorFlow Developers, brooklin...@gmail.com
1. Do we need to train on red and green images if we are only interested in detecting green?
2. Does it make since for it to ID a red light as green if we haven't trained on any red lights in the last training session?
3. So TensorFlow does not retain knowledge

brooklin...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2022, 10:02:27 PM9/23/22
to TensorFlow Developers, brooklin...@gmail.com

I have learned the following:

++Training

Use non-biased training.

Split the data %80, %20

Don’t use the training data for testing

Run the training more than once.

The above is more of an art than a science.