Adding support for CUDA 11 and cuDNN 8 in tf-nightly

Pankaj Kanwar

Aug 6, 2020, 4:27:03 PM8/6/20
to devel...@tensorflow.org, anno...@tensorflow.org, Goldie Gadde, Sanjoy Das
Hi all:

Over the next couple of weeks, we’ll be enabling tf-nightly binaries built with CUDA 11.0 and cuDNN 8.0.2. Support for the new libraries will be added for Ubuntu and Windows builds.  Here is the tracking issue.

Let us know if you run into any issues after the change has been rolled out. To try out the change, users will need to download and install the libraries before installing tf-nightly.

-pankaj

Pankaj Kanwar

Aug 21, 2020, 12:52:40 PM8/21/20
to devel...@tensorflow.org, anno...@tensorflow.org, Goldie Gadde, Sanjoy Das
Hi all: We've updated our nightly builds to use CUDA 11.0 and cuDNN 8.0.2. Let us know if you encounter any issues with the latest builds.

-pankaj

Goldie Gadde

Sep 2, 2020, 5:24:10 PM9/2/20
to Shelly Johnson, Pankaj Kanwar, devel...@tensorflow.org, Goldie Gadde
Hi Shelly,
We are still working on the dates for 2.4, can I get back to you in a few days regarding this ?

Thanks,
Goldie

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 7:33 AM Shelly Johnson <jsh...@umich.edu> wrote:
So great to have tensorflow working with cuda 11. Thanks for your efforts!  Do you have an estimate yet on when tf 2.4 will be officially released?  I manage software for HPC at U of Mich.  We have users wanting this capability, however we do not put out module files for nightly builds.

Thanks!
Shelly