TensorFlow Addons Newsletter: March2020

Sean Morgan

Mar 9, 2020, 10:00:24 PM3/9/20
to SIG Addons, dis...@tensorflow.org
Hi SIG,

As mentioned, we'll be sending out a monthly newsletter describing the state of the repo, top relevant issues, and the road-map going forward. A big reason for this is to boost community input so please comment on the below information if you have any thoughts!

Daily Downloads for package TFA:
image.png
Landmark Issues:
Below are some of the landmark issues that we're aiming to address in the coming month(s):
  • Migrate GELU to TensorFlow core. There is a lot of interest in moving this activation to core and we've been asked to author a Keras RFC for the move. This very much related to the activation benchmarks.
  • Support Python3.8. TF-nightly has begun supporting 3.8 for linux (windows soon) and we'll want to support py38 come TF2.2 release.

Maintainership:
As was originally mentioned in our sustainability RFC, we want to start sending out the status of our maintainership so submodules and subpackages can more readily be adopted. To be come a maintainer with write-access on tensorflow/addons we ask that you sign up to support some submodules first then we can grant as defined on our landing page. If you would like to be a submodule maintainer please feel free to submit a PR adding yourself to the CODEOWNERS file.

Below we list submodules without ownership... though we also encourage becoming a submodule maintainer for an already covered submodule!
  • /tensorflow_addons/image/interpolate_spline*.py
  • /tensorflow_addons/image/sparse_image_warp*.py
  • /tensorflow_addons/losses/metric_learning*.py
  • /tensorflow_addons/losses/triplet*.py
Best Regards,
SIG-Addons