two questions about AdamWOptimizer

Deqing Sun

May 5, 2020, 3:05:41 PM5/5/20
to SIG Addons
Hi,

I have two questions about the AdamWOptimizer. Can you please help answer them?

1. Is there any difference between contrib_opt.AdamWOptimizer and tfa.optimizers.AdamW when you migrated the former to addons?
2. Have you compared with torch.optim.AdamW and see any differences between them?

Thank you.
Deqing

Sean Morgan

May 5, 2020, 6:14:05 PM5/5/20
to Deqing Sun, SIG Addons
Hi Deqing,

1. AdamWOptimizer was originally ported from contrib, but has since underdone improvements:

2. Do you mean static code comparisons or runtime results? Both are a little tricky to compare across frameworks, but if you do benchmark on some standard models/datasets please send the results to the SIG!

Thanks,
Sean

Deqing Sun

May 5, 2020, 6:44:06 PM5/5/20
to Sean Morgan, SIG Addons, Charles Herrmann
Hi Sean,

Thank you for your answers.

We are more interested in comparing the runtime results and will let you know if we have some benchmark results.

Best regards,
Deqing

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 6:14 PM Sean Morgan <seanm...@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi Deqing,

1. AdamWOptimizer was originally ported from contrib, but has since underdone improvements:

2. Do you mean static code comparisons or runtime results? Both are a little tricky to compare across frameworks, but if you do benchmark on some standard models/datasets please send the results to the SIG!

Thanks,
Sean

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 3:05 PM 'Deqing Sun' via SIG Addons <add...@tensorflow.org> wrote:

Thank you.