Saving graph variables without saving structure

Daniel McKenna

Apr 27, 2020, 12:39:39 PM4/27/20
to Rust for TensorFlow
I'm just wondering if it's possible to save/load the graph variables without saving any information about the graph structure? I have the graph structure saved in another location and have a requirement of reducing storage volume taken up as well as limiting knowledge of the internals of the graph to certain users.

Adam Crume

Apr 30, 2020, 11:48:48 AM4/30/20
to Daniel McKenna, Rust for TensorFlow
The variables are saved by running a SaveV2 op under the hood.  You should be able to save variables by running that, and restore them by running a RestoreV2 op.  There isn't a built-in way to do that in the Rust bindings at the moment, but it can be done manually.  There's an old issue for this which should probably be revisited (https://github.com/tensorflow/rust/issues/30) and an example (https://github.com/tensorflow/rust/blob/master/examples/regression_checkpoint.rs).