Running a basic model? An MNIST example?

Jonathan

Mar 20, 2021, 9:58:06 PM3/20/21
to Rust for TensorFlow
Apologies if I say something dumb, I'm cautiously exploring the space right now.

How easily, given a basic pre-trained model 'tf_model.pb' (e.g. for classification of MNIST) could it be used for prediction?

Something similar to: https://www.dlology.com/blog/how-to-convert-trained-keras-model-to-tensorflow-and-make-prediction/ (just the 'Load .pb file and make predictions' section)

I've looked at https://github.com/tensorflow/rust/tree/master/examples but I can't quite fit the parts together, does anyone have an even simpler example like I mentioned (running a pre-trained model, for an mnist-like task)?

I'm exploring options for a project that does some nn based classifcation, if I can grasp this, implementing it with actix seems a decent option.

Sorry for a bit of a stackoverflow-like question, I'm just a bit unsure right now.

Kylekosic

Mar 20, 2021, 10:12:38 PM3/20/21
to Jonathan, Rust for TensorFlow
Hey Jonathan,

I have an example that sounds quite similar to what you are looking for. Here is a repo I have that loads a .pb mnist model trained in python for the purposes of serving using Actix-web. Hope it helps:

On Mar 20, 2021, at 21:58, Jonathan <jonathanwo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Apologies if I say something dumb, I'm cautiously exploring the space right now.

Jonathan

Mar 21, 2021, 9:35:27 PM3/21/21
to Rust for TensorFlow, kyle...@gmail.com, Rust for TensorFlow, Jonathan
Looks great, thankyou!