Trying to learn and gain new experiences and grab the opportunity of GSOC 2022 in TensorFlow

Deepraj Majumdar

Feb 16, 2022, 6:13:46 PM2/16/22
to Discuss
Dear Maintainers/Contributors/Developers/Aspirants,

I'm Deepraj Majumdar, a third-year undergraduate from the National Institute of Technology Sikkim.
I've pretty good experience with TensorFlow 2.0 Basics, git/GitHub. I've developed quite a few models. I'm familiar with TensorFlow development and concepts but I want to contribute more into opensource and learn and grab the opportunity to get selected in GSOC 2022 in TensorFlow this year. Although I'm doing my best to get selected if I won't it won't matter because I want to contribute openly to the TensorFlow codebase[repo] and want millions of people to use my code, that itself is the biggest aspiration for me.
Looking forward to hearing more from enthusiasts and learners like me here and also looking forward to more tips, tricks, suggestions, and roadmaps from the participants and especially the mentors and maintainers here.

My social connections and links:

Thanking you
Yours Sincerely
Deepraj Majumdar

Sayak Paul

Feb 16, 2022, 6:39:42 PM2/16/22
to Deepraj Majumdar, Discuss, Aditya Kane
Adding Aditya who'd be able to share advice.

Thanks,
Sayak | sayak.dev

Deepraj Majumdar

Feb 16, 2022, 6:48:06 PM2/16/22
to Sayak Paul, dis...@tensorflow.org
Thanks sir,
I'm enthusiastic and excited would definitely be able to do something under your guidance and help.
Thanking you
Yours faithfully
Deepraj

Aditya Kane

Feb 16, 2022, 9:42:04 PM2/16/22
to Deepraj Majumdar, Sayak Paul, dis...@tensorflow.org
Hey Deepraj,
If you're familiar with TensorFlow, I'd suggest you take a look at the Keras repos. They are quite approachable and the PR process is easier compared to other repos. You can start by going through issues and choose the ones which seem familiar to you. Study up the code and try to create a PR for the same. In this way you can start contributing to the ecosystem.

Thanks and regards,
Aditya Kane

Deepraj Majumdar

Feb 17, 2022, 9:33:50 AM2/17/22
to Aditya Kane, dis...@tensorflow.org
Thanks,
I'll check them out.
And let u all know if I'm finding it approachable or not, i case of sone doubts I'll definitely let you know but before that I'm trying to understand them