sending tensorflow job to remote GPU

Shreya Bhandare

Sep 14, 2022, 11:16:44 AM9/14/22
to Discuss
Hello,

I understand that tensorflow uses CPU if it doesn not detect GPU or if only tensorflow is being used (instead of tensorflow-gpu). I want to figure out where should I start looking in the source code if I want to instead redirect it to a remote GPU ?

I know of 2 softwares GVirtuS (github), FairGV etc that are capable of executing cuda binaries remotely (over the network) and I was thinking if we can use this principle to execute a tensorflow job remotely ?

Yunhui Zhang

Sep 22, 2022, 5:22:54 PM9/22/22
to Discuss, shreyab...@vt.edu
Tensorflow design with client-server mode.
You can create graph in client and run it in different server.
After you create your cluster, you can start your job like
with tf.device("gpu_worker_1:GPU/0"):
    do this
with tf.device("gpu_workder_1:GPU/1"):
    do that

Khoa Nguyen

Sep 23, 2022, 3:43:43 AM9/23/22
to Yunhui Zhang, Discuss, shreyab...@vt.edu
Don't contact me again!

facebook
twitter
linkedin
instagram

Khoa Nguyen

Online Marketing Freelancer

Khoa Nguyen Online Marketing Beratung

0176 80220822
dang...@khoa-nguyen.de
https://www.khoa-nguyen.de/
Freibadstraße 30, 81543 München

Shreya Bhandare

Sep 23, 2022, 1:42:22 PM9/23/22
to Discuss, aust...@yelp.com, Shreya Bhandare
Thank you for your response Yunhui, I am research student trying to figure out a "tensorflow as a cloud service" as my research project and and due to that I'm running tensorflow on my VM and want to use a virtualization stack to connect to a VM over a network (TCP/RDMA). which is why I need the source code, where it detect that the current device doesn't have a CPU or nvidia libraries and so I want to add a logic there to use my stack to connect to another GPU. Could you help me out or point to someone who can ? Thank you so much again
the link that you sent is for model level distribution of tensorflow, i think ?

t kevin

Sep 26, 2022, 10:33:18 PM9/26/22
to Shreya Bhandare, Discuss, aust...@yelp.com
Shreya

Tensorflow has a fairly complicated device abstraction layer and it's
definitely much more than redirect a few library calls.
It's important that you understand the current design and
implementation before you'd try some new ideas.

As for "tensorflow as a cloud service", tensorflow colab is a perfect
project you should look into.
https://colab.research.google.com/github/tensorflow/docs/blob/master/site/en/tutorials/quickstart/beginner.ipynb

Kevin

Shreya Bhandare <shreyab...@vt.edu> 于2022年9月24日周六 01:42写道:

Khoa Nguyen

Sep 27, 2022, 1:28:03 AM9/27/22
to t kevin, Shreya Bhandare, Discuss, aust...@yelp.com
I told you not to spam me again. U want me to Take legal Action?