[RFC] Tensorflow Core as a product

Yanhua Sun

Nov 30, 2020, 5:10:56 PM11/30/20
to devel...@tensorflow.org, tf-design-reviews
Hello all,

We have created an RFC,   Tensorflow core as a product, which is now available for comments. It is open for feedback for two weeks, until Friday, December 12th, 2020. Please take a look at the RFC and you're invited to leave comments inline.

The design review is scheduled at 10:00am PT Dec 15 Tuesday 2020 .

This RFC proposes Tensorflow core as a standalone product and describes the high level components and the principles behind it.

Any feedback on the design is highly appreciated.

Yanhua Sun on behalf of Tensorflow core team

--
Got feedback for yanhua? go/yanhuasun-feedback, thanks.

Piyush Datta

Dec 14, 2020, 11:33:47 PM12/14/20
to Yanhua Sun, TensorFlow Developers, tf-design-reviews
Hi,

Seeing as how the design review meeting was postponed due to the extra work needed for the design, is there an SIG for tensorflow core as a product?

If not, is there one being created? I've read the design and I'm very interested in the idea.

Best Regards,
Piyush Datta

Jason Zaman

Dec 15, 2020, 12:00:45 AM12/15/20
to Piyush Datta, SIG Build, Yanhua Sun, TensorFlow Developers, tf-design-reviews
You're welcome to come to our SIG-Build meetings. I don't think there would need to be a separate SIG for this specifically, it has enough overlap with Build, we've discussed Modular TF and other ones a lot before too. We did touch on this RFC at our last meeting but mostly a few of us were just going to go to the design review meeting. I'll add it to our next meeting agenda too if you're interested. Details for our next meeting and meeting notes from past ones is at http://bit.ly/tf-sig-build-notes and you're most welcome to attend!
/cc +SIG Build

Yanhua Sun

Dec 15, 2020, 12:34:22 AM12/15/20
to Jason Zaman, Piyush Datta, SIG Build, TensorFlow Developers, tf-design-reviews
To confirm that the design review is cancelled for now, we will update you when there is more information.

Currently we have not formed any new SIG group for this work, and  at least in the short term we probably will not create any new SIG group.

Yanhua

Piyush Datta

Dec 15, 2020, 10:11:03 PM12/15/20
to Yanhua Sun, Jason Zaman, SIG Build, TensorFlow Developers, tf-design-reviews
Sounds good! I’ll join sig-build meetings then.

Best Regards,
Piyush Datta
--
Best Regards,