MLIR Open Design meeting (6/25): Basic Compute Algorithms for the GPU Dialect

Mehdi AMINI

Jun 24, 2020, 4:08:36 PM6/24/20
to MLIR
Hi all,

Tomorrow (10am PT), Alexander Meißner will talk about "Basic Compute Algorithms" for the GPU Dialect, and depending on the time left we will also discuss the modeling of the types for the LLVM dialect.

The information for joining the meeting are usually unchanged from week to week:

+1 218-301-8485‬ PIN: ‪255 745‬#

Cheers,

--
Mehdi

Mehdi AMINI

Jun 24, 2020, 6:19:03 PM6/24/20
to MLIR
If we have time, we can also talk about the RFC on the MLIR Test Case Reducer Tool

--
Mehdi

Peter Balazovic

Jun 25, 2020, 6:22:16 AM6/25/20
to MLIR
Hello Guys,

it seems to be an interesting topic  - is this lecture  "Basic Compute Algorithms"  recorded (archived)? BTW how to get the notification (the invitation into the MS Outlook) for https://meet.google.com/aue-vgas-egu?

Thank you.
Peter

Jacques Pienaar

Jun 25, 2020, 8:06:14 AM6/25/20
to Peter Balazovic, MLIR
Hey,

All the open design meetings are recorded (https://mlir.llvm.org/talks/) and available afterwards. I'm not sure how best to get the notification in Outlook unfortunately (I believe joining this group should result in a calendar entry appearing in Google Calendar for the recurring meeting).

Best,

Jacques

Madhur Amilkanthwar

Jun 25, 2020, 2:09:30 PM6/25/20
to MLIR, joke...@gmail.com
Hey guys,
We ran out of time so I couldn't ask these questions. May be dumb questions.
1. How does MLIR plan to implement these ops? Is it like as a part of progressive lowering we "decompose" the ops like "scan" into micro-ops in descendent dialect which eventually would realize the op?
2. How do we target libraries in MLIR? I want to utilize scan implementation from a specialized library, say. How would that work, it we intend to?

--
Disclaimer: Views, concerns, thoughts, questions, ideas expressed in this mail are of my own and my employer has no take in it.
Thank You.

Mehdi AMINI

Jun 25, 2020, 2:20:13 PM6/25/20
to Madhur Amilkanthwar, MLIR
Hi Madhur,

I would follow-up in the thread on Discourse: "Basic Compute Algorithms" for this topic.

Thanks,

--
Mehdi

Madhur Amilkanthwar