Fwd: The 2024 Not Your Typical MTSS Summit: Day 1

1 view

Kevin Kurtz

Feb 27, 2024, 9:28:05 AMFeb 27
to TCSEL
Character Strong is running a virtual summit with videos available each day. You all may find these to be interesting and can watch at your leisure. I will post the videos each of the three days of their virtual summit for yoru access.

Also, it would be great to have some updates from each of you, especially some of the successes (or challenges) you are having with the Character Strong curriculum.

Hope you are all doing well.

Kevin

Mar 6, 2024, 11:32:31 AMMar 6
to Kevin Kurtz, TCSEL
Michelle and I had great success last month with a mentor/teacher luncheon.  Every staff member at Maywood has chosen 1 or 2 students to mentor on the basis of behavior or grades or sense of belonging and we check in with them throughout each week.  We had a pizza luncheon at school where we invited our mentee to join us.  We all came together at our lunch time and got to have some fun, real conversations with each other in a very casual environment.  The students and staff really enjoyed it.
Phil Mishoe
7/8 PE Teacher
Maywood/Davinci Middle School
824-7730 ext 3215