November Update

Chelsea Stephens

Dec 7, 2023, 1:25:10 PM12/7/23
to TCSEL
I know I'm a little slow on my update for November being that it is already December, still blows my mind that it is almost Christmas break!

Success: My "Meet Sheet" is still going strong. I used it recently to communicate with a parent and student about their harmful behavior towards themselves. This year has been especially hard for a significant number of students. The mental health of the majority of new students we have has been a huge target issue, much more than in previous years. And I've noticed an increase in suicidal thoughts and feelings among said students. Thankfully majority of our students who are at risk are getting mental health service's and are starting to show signs towards recovery.

Struggles: And I guess my struggles go along with my success. I've been struggling a lot personally carrying the weight of knowing so many of my students are suicidal and have felt so for a long time. I feel inadequate at times because at the end of the day I can't change how they feel, or the situations they have lived through that have brought them here. I continue to keep close bonds with those students and continue to let them know they have my love and support whenever they need it. Just wish I could do more.