Update for November/October

Jamie Bliss

Dec 7, 2023, 5:09:20 PM12/7/23
to TCSEL
Highs and Lows of SEL at RBHS

Highs:
A team from our campus was able to go to the Tier II Training in Tacoma back in October.  It set us on a great trajectory to start building our Tier II Behavior Interventions.  We have  been grappling with cut scores and base rates and capacity rates- all good and exciting things!  We also had a training provided by members of the team to all staff about the necessity of a strong Tier I Team so we can reduce the strain on our Tier II and III.  It went well with active engagement from staff members.  We are in our planning mode for the Winter Inservice.  We are focusing on determining our Campus Community Agreements and talking about restorative practices when those Agreements have been breached.  We plan to introduce the PROMPT method.

Lows:
I am concerned that we still have this malaise that permeates some of our staff when it comes to SEL, despite a lot of hard work.  Maybe it is the time of year with all of its extra demands, but I am personally feeling a little discouraged and wondering when we are going to start seeing a positive shift in student and staff behavior.
--
Jamie Bliss
English Department