Update

Sheryl Vinson

Oct 26, 2023, 9:41:59 AM10/26/23
to TC...@tehamaschools.org
Hello All,
Some success at Richfield is that our principal has been very supportive of giving us time to map out our whole year with our Character Strong lessons. We were also given some time to look ahead at future lessons so that we are not just learning them on the fly. As a school we are focusing on one word a month instead of just K-5. Our counselors are also helping with supporting some SEL lessons.

An area of improvement would be staff culture. We were on such a high last year after the Culture Summit and had so many great ideas. We have not given this adequent time during our leadership meetings or made it a priority this year. Staff burnout is a real thing and we could use a boost about now!!! 🤪

Sent from my iPhone

Michelle Dutra

Oct 26, 2023, 4:24:19 PM10/26/23
to TC...@tehamaschools.org
Hello All,

Things are going well at Maywood.  We just had a motivational speaker visit our school.  His name in Mister Brown and boy did the kids connect and learn.  His main focus was CHOICES.  His quote,"Make better choices and live a better life!"

We have been focusing as a staff on CHOICES!  Some strategies we have been utilizing are Banking Time (Mentoring) and Restorative Conversations.  Teachers seem motivated and our discussions have been productive and helpful!

See you all in December,

Mrs. Michelle Dutra
7th Grade Teacher
English/ Literature & World History
Maywood Davinci Middle School logo

Melanie Nolan

Oct 26, 2023, 9:22:15 PM10/26/23
to TC...@tehamaschools.org
Hello Cadre

I continue to find banking time the most valuable strategy. My para and I both bank time.  It has really helped with a kiddo of mine that will not quit hitting another student. She responds to me and my para and the hitting incidents have decreased.
Also the addition of new team members at our site has made us even stronger. We are so grateful that was able to happen.
We also chose Character Strong schoolwide so I'm looking forward to common language and continuity over time.
I think a struggle at our site has been time to focus on one thing and do it well.
Thanks Kevin for the links. I'm making my way through the character strong video to help support teachers as we dive into lessons.

Looking forward to our next session,

Melanie

Renee Thornhill

Oct 28, 2023, 12:52:35 PM10/28/23
to TC...@tehamaschools.org
I have been working on greetings at the door and banking time. I have noticed an improvement with my whole class.

Challenge has been getting to know our new Character Strong curriculum.

Thank you Kevin for the resources I plan on watching the Character Strong video this weekend.

Courtney Smith

Oct 28, 2023, 1:18:51 PM10/28/23
to TC...@tehamaschools.org
We decided to work on banking time and greeting kids at the door.

The kids and I are enjoying both, but banking time is by far my favorite.

I am looking forward to looking through Character Strong, especially since it will be school-wide, not only K-3.

Sent from my iPhone