MTSS CADRE October Update

Jamie Bliss

Oct 26, 2023, 11:17:33 AM10/26/23
to TCSEL
Hello All!!

Things that are going well:  All teachers including our subs have been trained on how to access and teach Character Strong Lessons.  Some of them are doing it with Fidelity.  We have completed through lesson 6.  Monthly we have designated time to discuss with ALL staff Classified and Certificated to learn about the benefits of SEL to our students, the why behind what we are teaching, and  low/high strategies they can implement in their classes throughout the day as part of our Tier One supports.  Here are a couple of the slide shows from those meetings:

We were also able to send a small team up to the Character Strong Tier II Certification this month and we are continuing in the work to develop our Tier II Interventions and Supports.

Struggles:
We still have some staff members that believe that SEL is important but that it is someone else's job to teach it.  We just keep inviting them to join us.  Advisory is inconsistent.  Student's experiences depend heavily on who you have for your teacher and their enthusiasm for the work.

Hope you are all well!  Looking forward to seeing you all in December!