SEL Updates

Andrea Martin

Dec 11, 2023, 12:15:34 PM12/11/23
to TC...@tehamaschools.org
Good Morning,
Current SEL successes at Lincoln Street have been great since we last met.  I am still gathering with students during "SEL Kids" time.  It's amazing how a 20 minute character lesson can change the trajectory of a day. I even was out a couple days and had staff cover class time I missed and they had great results! We implemented a 30 Day Kindness Challenge at Lincoln Street in November, based off of Houston's Kindness Journal.  It was awesome to see students and parents participate.  We didn't have as many staff participate as I would have liked, but we are still trying to get everyone on board.  People still "want to do their own thing." I am not giving up hope that most will be on the same page about this movement. 💚😊🎄

P.S.  If you haven't read Deep Kindness yet, you are missing out on one of the best books I have ever read.  I have a copy if you want to borrow:)

--
Andrea E. Martin
"Elevator of the Voices Left Unheard"