UnsatisfiedLinkError with jxdesktop on Java 10

David Ekholm

Sep 12, 2018, 10:01:03 AM9/12/18
to jniwrapp...@teamdev.com
Since moving from Oracle's Java 8 to Java 10 on Mac, our file chooser integration using your JNIWrapper fails with the following exception:

29 [File chooser thread] WARN com.teamdev.jxdesktop.macosx.MainMessageLoop - Failed to load Objective-C library. Cocoa stubs may malfunction
Exception in thread "File chooser thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.teamdev.jxdesktop.macosx.MainMessageLoop.runInAppKitThread(Ljava/lang/Runnable;Z)V
	at com.teamdev.jxdesktop.macosx.MainMessageLoop.runInAppKitThread(Native Method)
	at com.teamdev.jxdesktop.macosx.MainMessageLoop.invokeAndWait(SourceFile:42)
	at com.jniwrapper.macosx.cocoa.AwtMacMessageLoop.<init>(SourceFile:23)
	at com.jniwrapper.macosx.cocoa.AwtMacMessageLoop.getInstance(SourceFile:34)
	at se.datadosen.component.mac.FileChooserImpl.showDialog(FileChooserImpl.java:279)
	at se.datadosen.component.mac.FileChooserImpl.showDialog(FileChooserImpl.java:273)
	at se.datadosen.explorer.JAlbumExplorer$2$1.run(JAlbumExplorer.java:356)

Any solution to this?

Regards
/David Ekholm, jAlbum AB

Nataliya Rybynok

Sep 12, 2018, 11:04:24 AM9/12/18
to David Ekholm, jniwrapp...@teamdev.com
Hello David,
Thank you for your question!

Unfortunately, the latest version of JNIWrapper does not support Java 10.

Best regards,
Nataliya Rybynok

Customer Service Manager | TeamDev, Ltd.
Phone +380 57 766-4300
teamdev.com

David Ekholm

Sep 12, 2018, 11:11:15 AM9/12/18
to Nataliya Rybynok, jniwrapp...@teamdev.com
That's sad to hear. When do you plan to support it? Oracle will start charging for bundling Java 8 at 2019-01-01 so we need to move away from Java 8.

Regards
/David

Nataliya Rybynok

Sep 14, 2018, 4:41:28 AM9/14/18
to David Ekholm, jniwrapp...@teamdev.com
Hello David,

We are considering the support of Java 10 internally.
I cannot promise anything definite right now. However, if there's any news I'll update you.

Best regards,
Nathalie

David Ekholm

Sep 14, 2018, 5:32:58 AM9/14/18
to Nataliya Rybynok, jniwrapp...@teamdev.com
Ok. I've found an alternative solution in the meantime (another 3:rd party library)

Regards
/David