Query regarding two different License versions

Colin Rebello

Jan 19, 2019, 12:03:21 AM1/19/19
to jexcel...@teamdev.com
Dear Sir,

There seems to be two offerings of JExcel.

A free MIT license one like the one on this site

and the other at your
which charges about $795 for a single license.

Questions:
1) Can you please explain why one is free and the other is charged.
2) Is there a version Cutoff like Upto version 1.8 is free but above that is Charged ?

Thanks
Regards
Colin Rebello
Mumbai, India

Nataliya Rybynok

Jan 21, 2019, 4:47:31 AM1/21/19
to Colin Rebello, Customer Care
Hello Colin,
It appears that the free solution you've referred to is completely different from our product.

Here is the brief description: https://github.com/paulhodel/jexcel
jExcel is a very light jquery plugin to embed a spreadsheet, compatible with Excel, in your browser.

So, here is a brief list of the most notable differences:
  • The supported programming language for the free solution is JavaScript, not Java;
  • The free solution does not communicate with the Microsoft Excel Application and does not require it to be installed;
  • This free solution supports JSON and CSV data, and does not support XLS or XLSX.
Our product ist JExcel — https://www.teamdev.com/jexcel

Could you please share more details about your project and the challenges you face? We could see and recommend if our solution can be an option for you.

Sincerely,
Nataliya Rybynok

Customer Service Manager | TeamDev, Ltd.
Phone +380 57 766-4300
teamdev.com