RE:

Annette Mills

Jun 13, 2020, 7:17:17 PM6/13/20
to Adams, Vincent, education-...@sustainablecorvallis.org, Al-AbdRabbuh, Sami

Thank you so much, Vince! I hadn’t yet seen this report, and I so appreciate your taking the time to share it with us. I also think it would be good for our Education Action Team Leader, Rachel Kirby, to send it out to the Coalition’s two main Google groups, so that others will have the benefit of reading about the progress that’s been made in the past year.

Vince, I’m so grateful for your commitment, patience, and persistence. I just looked back at the Community Sustainability Action Plan that was created by community members back in 2008, and the “Education” section included the following action: “Designate/hire Sustainability Coordinator by 2010.”  It took a few years longer than we had anticipated and hoped for, but once the position was created and the CSD hired Bailey Payne, he hit the ground running!

We have continued our monthly meetings with Kim Patten (CSD Facilities Director) and Dale Kuykendall (Bond Manager from the Wenaha Group), and I’ve been impressed and encouraged by the sustainability work that’s being done on the Bond Program. We’re so pleased that Kim and Dale have been working with us to plan and implement Solarize Corvallis projects as part of the program.

With gratitude for your continued support,

Annette

Annette Mills, Facilitator

Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

541-230-1237