Insecticides

1 view

Ashley Merback

Mar 6, 2020, 8:58:33 PM3/6/20
to Education Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition
Per our discussion today on Pesticide usage on school grounds, I have copied Baileys response below:

 "The District does use Roundup, mainly along fence lines.  It's my impression that there isn't a lot of it applied and that they follow (required) guidelines about its use.  Some districts around the country have gone to a zero pesticide policy which requires more labor/cost but is certainly admirable.  I've cc'd Mike here so that he can chime in.  He meets with folks from the City, OSU and others about integrated pest management (IPM) to reduce pesticide use.  Here's a link to info on the CSD's work on this."

Annette, if you can get me in touch with the concerned parent I can share this information with her and invite her to join our team!

Best,
Ashley