FW: planet palooza

1 view

Annette Mills

Mar 26, 2022, 11:44:17 AM3/26/22
to education-...@sustainablecorvallis.org

It’s not too late to sign up to help at Planet Palooza on April 16…

Hi everyone!  Looks like we have a three person team (Ruth, Karen, Marie) to staff the table at the Planet Palooza festivities.  Again, the date, is Saturday April 16 from 12:15 - 3:00 at the covered area next to the Skate Park.  I'll be in Hood River but would love to help plan the activities.  One idea I was thinking of was to focus on birds.  I did a workshop for the Parks and Rec Earth Day festivities and we had a great time.  We made "binoculars" out of toilet paper tubes, looked at birds nests (I have 3...do you have any?), learned about birds of the Willamette Valley, colored a cover paper for the binoculars with the kids' favorite birds, and then did some bird watching.  I have all the printouts for that, just need LOTS of toilet paper tubes.  We could also do other activities.  Any ideas?    I'd like to use this thread to plan the day, so feel free to add thoughts and activities.  I'll attach some photos from that workshop.

Rachel Kirby

Ashley Merback

Mar 26, 2022, 12:05:42 PM3/26/22
to Annette Mills, education-...@sustainablecorvallis.org
I will save my toilet paper tubes!!

--
——————
Education Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

VISION: All community members are lifelong learners who model environmental, social, and economic sustainability in their daily lives.

https://sustainablecorvallis.org/action-teams/education/
---