FW: 11/19 NFLB event

1 view

Annette Mills

Nov 17, 2022, 12:24:33 PM11/17/22
to education-...@sustainablecorvallis.org

From: Rachel Kirby [mailto:rachel...@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2022 8:43 AM
Subject: 11/19 NFLB event

New info about the No Food Left Behind event this Saturday from Jeanette Harding.

Rachel Kirby

From: Jeanette Hardison <hardi...@gmail.com>
Date: November 16, 2022 at 12:10:56 PM PST
To: Ruth Johns <rudydu...@aol.com>
Cc: Kjersten Hallin <magicma...@gmail.com>, K Rene Kos <kren...@gmail.com>, Annette Mills <ami...@willamettewatershed.com>
Subject: Re: Support/info RE: 11/19 NFLB event

Hi folks,

We are actually serving food beyond 2:15pm - that was my error to imply Tasting Tables are only 1:30-2:15.  That's just when it'll be super busy and lots of chatting will happen. Food will be available the whole time, 1:30-4pm, but what's essential during the actual presentation, 2:15 - 3:45pm, is having an adult on-hand as needed for food refills, spills, dropped tongs, etc.

Ruth - can you please let the EdAT know? We definitely DO need someone to sit closeby and oversee the food table between 2:15 and 4, even if it's a couple adults in shifts.

Thank you!

Jeanette

On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 12:26 PM Jeanette Hardison <hardi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for helping secure student and adult volunteers for No Food Left Behind's FREE family-fun friendly event this coming Saturday, at C3-Corvallis Community Center! This email has info for all ages of volunteers... it's a lot, but detail is good, right? ;)

Here's our event schedule:

  • 10am-12noon Food prep in C3 kitchen with Kjersten (would love an extra adult)
  • 12noon-1:15pm Event set-up in Alder Room (would love student and adult help)
  • 1:30-4pm Event
    • 1:30-4:00pm Community Resource Tables (NFLB, Coalition, Benton To Go, OSU Extension Food Hero)
    • 1:30-2:15pm Tasting Tables (would love same extra adult from food prep)
    • 2:15-3:45pm Videos & activities (would love adult for Seed To Plate activity)
    • 3:45-4:00 Drawing for prizes, final tabling
  • 4:00-5:00pm clean up/teardown (would love student and adult help)

1) We DO have a few CHS Green Team members doing food prep and Tasting Tables with Kjersten, but she is switching to her own presentation prep at noon, so having an adult to take over is PERFECT!

That adult wouldn't need to come at 10am, but maybe 11:30? Hearing how Kjersten is asking the kids to talk about the food we're serving would be super helpful (we're including carrot-top pesto, fallen apples, fruit-essence water, etc). Kjersten is SO creative and walking our talk.

2) We'd also love CVHS student volunteers for set-up and tear-down - this might include making signs, and definitely involved chairs and tables, table cloths, and the like.

3) Apologies that the volunteer slots/tasks aren't more specific, but I think we just need to be in flow that day and adjust to needs as they come up. If we get waaay more people than planned (one can hope for such a "problem" HUH?) then having extra adults on-hand who can "attend until needed, then help if needed" would be SO sweet. We just don't know how many are coming. We are preparing for 100.

4) Here is the Facebook event link:  https://www.facebook.com/events/680246593806144/

Flyer and Press Release are attached.

5) CVHS SEA TEAM CAN ALSO HAVE INFO THERE about their eco-work! We should have some table space for any sort of handout, flyer, poster, display, etc.  Totally optional though.

THANK YOU, RUTH!

Jeanette