Join us discussing the ecological class at sts2023.ch

2 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Julien McHardy

ungelesen,
25.04.2023, 03:30:1725.04.23
an Swiss STS

Dear colleagues,

Join our session on the ecological class at the sts2023.ch conference in Basel on August 31st - September 1st 2023.

We are warmly (!) inviting participants from all fields and practices - to join us in a discussion around Bruno Latour and Nikolaj Schultz’s proposal that effective climate action requires the formation of an ecological class.

In preparation, we ask you to share a statement discussing On the emergence of an ecological class: A memo in relation to your empirical research. We imagine that these statements provide starting points for our collective exploration, beginning with Latour and Schultz’s question: “Under what conditions could ecology, instead of being one cluster of movements among others, organise politics around an agenda and a set of beliefs?”

You can read our full call for proposals below:

https://sts2023.ch/call-for-papers/#P21

For the panel, we ask participants to read Latour and Schultz’s short book and prepare a 500-word statement. We know that many people won’t have read the book yet, so for now, instead of an abstract, we ask you to submit a short statement about why you are interested in joining the panel via the conference website. https://sts2023.ch/call-for-papers/

The deadline for submissions is May 1st. If you want to join our discussion but can’t make it to Basel, you can also let us know via email (julien....@unisg.ch), and we see if we can video conference people in for the session.

We are looking forward to our discussion in Basel and online.

Paula Bialski, Julien McHardy and Daniela Weinmann

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten