STS2023 Knowledges Revisited / Students’ Perspectives

Alain Müller

Apr 24, 2023, 7:32:51 AM4/24/23
to swis...@sts-ch.org
Dear Colleagues,

With this message I would like to inform/remind you that Charlotte Nachtsheim und I organize a Student Panel as part of the 2023 STS-CH conference Science, Expertise and other Modes of Knowledge: Trends, Patterns, and Prospects, to be held in Basel.

This panel provides a platform for students from different disciplines working on topics related to science and technology studies such as knowledge, knowledge production and knowledge practices. MA students can present, discuss and deepen ongoing projects (e.g. MA thesis and other papers or research projects).

With this message, I invite all potentially interested students to submit a paper, as well as all my colleagues to encourage potentially interested students in your institutes and departments to do so.
At the University of Basel, we have put so called „learning contracts" in place that will allow students to receive ECTS for participating in the panel. Perhaps a similar arrangement can be put in place at your institutions?

If you would like to submit a paper but the deadline is too short, or if you are in contact with students for whom this is the case, let me know and we can consider an extension to the call.

All the best,
Alain Müller

Prof. Dr. Alain Müller
Assistant Professor
Institute of Cultural Anthropology/European Ethnology

Universität Basel | Departement of Social Sciences
Rheinsprung 9/11 | CH-4051 Basel
Switzerland