Fwd: FW: PRO Winter School & 2nd NewFrac Workshop - Announcements

Zohar Yosibash

Dec 2, 2021, 8:37:53 AM12/2/21
to tc...@structuralintegrity.eu

Dear members of TC16,

1. Hopefully the new variant of the Covid virus will not terminate seminar activities in 2022, and if possible we'll resume our TC16 activity soon.

2. Please see below the announcement of Prof. Vladislav Mantic - highly recommended.

All the best, good health and Merry Christmas, Zohar Yosibash.

Zohar YosibashProfessor | School of Mechanical Engineering

Head – Computational Mechanics & Experimental Biomechanics Laboratories

The Iby and Aladar Fleischman Faculty of Engineering

Tel-Aviv University, Ramat-Aviv 69978, Israel

yosi...@tauex.tau.ac.il

https://www.yosibash.sites.tau.ac.il/

Tel: +972-3-6408809 | Lab: +972-3-6407071 | Cell: +972-52-8795751

P Please don't print this email unless you really need to

Subject: PRO Winter School & 2nd NewFrac Workshop - Announcements

Dear doctoral students, Dear colleagues,

We are glad to announce two events organized in Lucca (Italy) by the NewFrac H2020-MSCA Innovative Training Network on "New strategies for multifield fracture problems across scales in heterogeneous systems for energy, health and transport" (
https://www.newfrac.eu/):

(1) PRO Winter School, 7-11 February, 2022, for PhD students and young researchers:
https://www.newfrac.eu/dissemination/events/10-newfrac-pro-school-in-imt-lucca

(2) 2nd NewFrac Workshop, 14-17 February, 2022, featuring an opening lecture by Prof. Davide Bigoni (University of Trento), invited lectures by Prof. Filippo Berto (Norwegian University of Science and Technology), Prof. Philipp Weissgraeber (University of Rostock), Prof. Stefano Vidoli (Università Roma La Sapienza), and a closing lecture by Prof. Roberta Massabò (University of Genoa):
https://www.newfrac.eu/dissemination/events/9-newfrac-workshop-2-in-imt-lucca

If you are interested in attending/participating in one of the two events, please fill in the following form with your preferences:
https://forms.gle/g4rbkZj96MkVnUXX7

In case you are interested in delivering a presentation in the 2nd Workshop, we offer you two options: long presentations (25 minutes + 5 discussion) or short presentations (5 minutes + 5 discussion).

We request submitting an abstract to the attention of the scientific committee composed of the NewFrac representative members by email (in...@newfrac.eu), using the template downloadable from:
https://www.newfrac.eu/dissemination/events/9-newfrac-workshop-2-in-imt-lucca

Deadlines:
December 13, 2021: submission of the expression of interest through the above Google Form
December 23, 2021: abstract submission for the 2nd Workshop
By January 14, 2022: notification of acceptance to the PRO School and to the 2nd Workshop
January 21, 2022: payment of the registration fees

Estimated fees for in person participation to the PRO Winter School: 300 Euro, inclusive of coffee breaks, lunches and the social dinner.
Estimated fees for in person participation to the 2nd Workshop: 300 Euro, inclusive of coffee breaks, lunches and the social dinner.

We encourage in person participation, but remote participation will be also possible with a reduced participation fee, to be announced based on the expected amount of participants.
In case of Covid-19 emergency, the events will take place remotely.

Please, share this information with your peers who may be interested in these events.

Best Regards,

Marco Paggi (Chairman)

Vladislav Mantic (Coordinator)

Ninfa Vital (Scientific Secretary)