illegal XML Character Error When converting JSON to XML file using Streamsets pipeline with Python

Ramanjaneya Reddy Janke

Feb 10, 2023, 11:26:09 AM2/10/23
to sdc-user
Hi All,
We are using Streamsets pipeline with Python script to read the JSON from Kafka topic and converting the JSON file to XML file and loading the XML to SQL Server Table. The pipeline executed without any issues for a week and all of sudden we are receiving the below error.  For couple of tags, we are receiving the special characters, but we are handling those characters before converting to XML to not throw any errors for Invalid characters.  Our Data Collector Version: 4.2.1
Error Message:
Failed executing stage 'JDBCProducer_02': com.streamsets.pipeline.api.StageException: JDBC_14 - Error processing batch: [SQLState:S0001][ErrorCode:9420] XML parsing: line 5, character 8303, illegal xml character.

Does anyone faced similar issue and can help here.

Thanks, in advance.
Ram