What would happen if an orchestration pipeline tries to execute a pipeline that is already RUNNING?

Srini Sankar

Jul 9, 2021, 9:38:21 AM7/9/21
to sdc-user

I am new to StreamSets Data Collector. I am using Data Collector version 3.21.0.

I am trying to get the deltas from a SQL Sever database, I tested my pipeline and it works as expected. I am using SQL Change Tracking Origin.

I have a doubt,

I use an Orchestration pipeline that runs every 5 minutes calling the actual ingest pipeline that brings the deltas. How do I ensure that the Orchestration pipeline does not kick start another delta pipeline, if my earlier call / run is still in RUNNING state?

Note - Unsure whether I need to check this condition OR by default StreamSets Data Collector cannot run another instance of the same pipeline when an earlier instance is already in "RUNNING" state. If so, will the orchestration pipeline capture it as an ERROR??