Introductions

Stationers-Discuss

Feb 16, 2020, 6:40:07 PM2/16/20
to Stationers-Discuss
Please introduce yourself to the group! What is your name? Where do you hail from? Which of the stationers' arts do you pursue? What would you like to learn? What are you willing to teach?

Thank you!

Christina Jenevra de Carvalhal

Feb 16, 2020, 7:31:24 PM2/16/20
to Stationers-Discuss, stationer...@stationers.eastkingdom.org
Greetings!

I am Jenevra de Carvalhal, bookbinding Laurel from the Barony of Buckland Cross in the East Kingdom. I currently (January 2020 on) serve as Mistress of the Guild thanks to Her Majesty Margarita. I am primarily a bookbinder, and also pursue letterpress, paper-making, and marbling. I am happy to teach any of those things to the best of my ability and share what resources I can. I need to learn more about leather-working and metal-smithing to up my skills in book covering and embellishment. I should also probably learn calligraphy and some basic illumination.

Yours in Service,
Jenevra

Shoshana Gryffyth

Feb 24, 2020, 9:02:54 PM2/24/20
to Stationers-Discuss, stationer...@stationers.eastkingdom.org
My name is Shoshana Gryffyth, and I am from the wonderful Shire of Caer Adamant. I am primarily an illuminator, but dabble in wordsmithing and calligraphy as needed. I have some experience in papermaking, bookbinding, and pigment mixing. I enjoy teaching classes, and have handouts available for the classes listed in my EK Wiki. Please feel free to reach out to me for assistance with any scribal questions. If I'm not the one with the answer, I'm happy to help you find the person who is.
In love, Art, and Service,
Shoshana Gryffyth
(She/Her)

Malys MacGregor

Feb 24, 2020, 9:24:33 PM2/24/20
to Stationers-Discuss, stationer...@stationers.eastkingdom.org
Hello

I am Malys MacGregor, minister of A&S for the Shire of Eisental. I do leatherwork, bookbinding, calligraphy, illumination and I have played around with making my my own inks and dyes. I would like to do more into making paper and parchment.

Lorenzo Gorla

Feb 24, 2020, 9:56:43 PM2/24/20
to Stationers-Discuss
Hi! I'm Lorenzo Gorla, and I'm very interested in text writing (any hands appropriate for the Elizabethan era), and the marketing and selling of books in the late 16th century.

Thank you!

Ciaran ua Meic Thire

Feb 25, 2020, 10:44:50 AM2/25/20
to Stationers-Discuss, stationer...@stationers.eastkingdom.org
Hi, I'm Ciaran ua Meic Thire. My focus is in creating, teaching and spreading papercut art in its many forms. I've so far identified about a dozen different styles from different countries/cultures and time periods all pre-16th century.

I'm currently working on making rice paper, using period smoking techniques to transfer images, and am looking to start up a project of making stencils that would be used for fabric dying (which I guess is borderline stationary but the stencils were papercut)

Iheronimus Brückner

Feb 25, 2020, 12:33:17 PM2/25/20
to Stationers-Discuss, stationer...@stationers.eastkingdom.org
Greetings - I am Iheronimus Brückner, formerly residing in the East, currently in the Outlands. My interests include period typography and printing, bookbinding, leather, and woodworking. I am happy to teach and eager to learn.

Andruta Jezofyna

Feb 25, 2020, 1:33:08 PM2/25/20
to Stationers-Discuss, stationer...@stationers.eastkingdom.org
Hello! I’m Andruta, and like our Guildmistress I’m from the Barony of Buckland Cross. My high school art teacher introduced me to Albrecht Dürer and I’ve loved him and blockprinting ever since. I’ve done engraving in the past as well, with zinc plates and acid to create the grooves, but I’d like to start working on copperplate etching at some point.

My plans are to make playing cards and games going forward, but for the time being I’m working on getting my hands used to woodcarving again. Over the summer I made a small Glückhaus board that I printed on fabric to make it travel friendly, and I’m currently poking at the design for a Game of Goose board, but I don’t know when I’ll be ready to start carving it.

I look forward to learning more and furthering my skills!

Caterina Lombardi

Feb 25, 2020, 10:48:18 PM2/25/20
to Stationers-Discuss, stationer...@stationers.eastkingdom.org

Hi I'm Caterina Lombardi, mundanely known as Kate Regina. I hail from the Canton of Hawkes Reache in the Barony of Andubhaigeainn. Aka Suffolk County Long Island New York. I'm a librarian in the mundane world whose dabbled in book binding and hope to not only improve but to add parchment making into the mix.