Three Branches of Government?

Marisa Meeks

Apr 19, 2015, 11:30:02 PM4/19/15
to rogues-r...@starwarsintheclassroom.com
Has anyone tried to correlate the government of the Old Republic to the 3 branches of government?  I know, strictly speaking, the Jedi are not equivalent to the Supreme Court, but they did ensure justice... I know it's a stretch.  Thanks for input!

Marisa Meeks

Apr 20, 2015, 2:10:55 PM4/20/15
to rogues-r...@starwarsintheclassroom.com
So I came up with three prompts:
1.  Compare and contrast the legislative branch of the United States with the legislative branch of the Old Republic.
2.  Compare and contrast the executive branch of the United States with the executive branch of the Old Republic.
3.  Does the Old Republic have a body equivalent to the judicial branch of the United States?  If so, what group does this function, and what are they doing that proves this group is the acting as the judicial branch?  If not, what function of the judicial branch is not being performed?

Some background:  We are in a part-time homeschool program, and I am responsible for Social Studies.  My fifth grade son HATES to write, so we are doing these as Thinking Maps where we can.  If anyone is interested in how he answered these, please let me know and I will post his answers.

Lori Barr

Apr 20, 2015, 2:24:00 PM4/20/15
to rogues-r...@starwarsintheclassroom.com
Marisa, what a creative mom you are! I love the connection you have made here. I bet your son will be more interested for sure!
Have you checked out Hstry.com? It is a sight to create timelines that is fun, user friendly and allows the embedding of pics and movie clips. Might be a useful tool for you...

Lori