Star Wars and the American Revolution

Dennis Prestwood

May 1, 2015, 3:40:32 PM5/1/15
to rogues-r...@starwarsintheclassroom.com
Hi everyone,

I'm a first year, 5th grade teacher. I am getting into teaching the American Revolution and the text book goes into Loyalists: Hutchinson, Boucher, and Dunmore and Patriots: Franklin, Warren, and Adams.  I started wondering if I were to try to use a double bubble thinking map between these historical characters which Star Wars Empire/Rebel character would I compare them to.  Was wondering if any of you already do this, or something similar and how it works?

The more I think about it the more similarities I think can be found between Star WArs Rebels, Episodes 4-6 and the American Revolution.

Thanks!

Dennis

Marisa Meeks

May 6, 2015, 9:46:15 PM5/6/15
to rogues-r...@starwarsintheclassroom.com
I agree that double bubble map is the way to go (we do A LOT of double-bubble maps when comparing Star Wars to "our" world).  I also think you are probably right on with Rebels.  I'm new to the Star Wars in the Classroom way of doing things, plus I homeschool social studies, so I'm a bit green.  Looking forward to how you and others utilize Star Wars with world and US history.

Dennis Prestwood

May 6, 2015, 11:07:40 PM5/6/15
to rogues-r...@starwarsintheclassroom.com
Wanted to share the double bubble thinking map we did for Jonathan Boucher and Darth Vadar.
20150504_155607 (800x450).jpg