Help! Earth Science

Marisa Meeks

Sep 10, 2015, 4:52:00 PM9/10/15
to Rogues Ready Room
Hi,
My family is in a part time homeschool program, and I am responsible for teaching science to my 6th Star Wars-loving son.  I need some help from some pros.  These are assessment questions, and am looking for suggestions for wording the questions better, or any other suggestions... SERIOUSLY, ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS.  This is the first time I am creating my own assessments, constructive criticism welcome!!

1.  My son is learning about how Earth is a "goldilocks" planet: Not too close to the sun, atmosphere protects the earth and keeps in heat, etc.
Q1  Assuming the what you see in the movies is true for the entire planet, what conclusions can you make about the following planets and their relative position to the sun in their solar system?  Explain your answer.  Hoth, Mon Cala, Alderaan (Refer to Ultimate Star Wars if you need information about the planets' climates).
Q2 Read about Bespin in Ultimate Star Wars.  Compare and contrast what you know about Bespin's atmosphere and how it supports life to Earth's atmosphere and how it supports life.
Q3  Tatooine has two suns in its solar system, and life is sustained on the planet.
a.  Do you think the landscape of Tatooine would be different if there were only 1 sun?  How?  Explain why.
b.  What can you conclude about Tatooine's position to the two suns?  Explain your answer.

2.  He is also learning about the layers of the earth.  Another assessment question:
Q4 Using information from the movies and  Ultimate Star Wars, compare and contrast the layers of the earth to what you think the layers of Mustafar would be.  Explain how you came to your conclusions.

Thanks for your help!!