com.complexible.stardog.Stardog - What jar?

Λάζαρος Ιωαννίδης

Jan 27, 2014, 7:06:22 PM1/27/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi, I am trying to integrate stardog in a custom application, as a component.

1. Is that possible?
2. I tried to use the examples you provided, but have a dependency issue. The import com.complexible.stardog.Stardog; directive fails, and I don't really know which jar to include in my project's libraries.

Is there something similar for v2.1?

Thanks!

Mike Grove

Jan 28, 2014, 11:23:13 AM1/28/14
to stardog
On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 7:06 PM, Λάζαρος Ιωαννίδης <lar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I am trying to integrate stardog in a custom application, as a component.

1. Is that possible?

Sure.

2. I tried to use the examples you provided, but have a dependency issue. The import com.complexible.stardog.Stardog; directive fails, and I don't really know which jar to include in my project's libraries.

Is there something similar for v2.1?

It's in server/dbms/stardog-2.1.jar.

I assume that you're using the embedded server if you're working from the examples; you might consider running the server separate from your application, in which case you would not need this jar, or any of the other server jars, you'd only need the client jars.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks!

--
-- --

Λάζαρος Ιωαννίδης

Jan 29, 2014, 8:34:10 AM1/29/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Nice, so how can I define the STARDOG_HOME in my code? I want to deploy my app to Tomcat, so it needs to be kind of portable, independent of environment variables.

Mike Grove

Jan 29, 2014, 8:49:17 AM1/29/14
to stardog
On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 8:34 AM, Λάζαρος Ιωαννίδης <lar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Nice, so how can I define the STARDOG_HOME in my code? I want to deploy my app to Tomcat, so it needs to be kind of portable, independent of environment variables.

You use the system property 'stardog.home'.  You might find the documentation on administering Stardog [1] helpful.

Cheers,

Mike