Wildcard usage for prefixed grants

Rubén Navarro Piris

Oct 14, 2016, 7:06:11 AM10/14/16
to Stardog
Hi!

According to the documentation, wildcards are supported "to create complex permissions" (http://docs.stardog.com/#_wildcards).

It is unclear if the * wildcard can only be used in the sense of "any resource of the type" or also as part of a pattern (e.g. "http://example.org/*" to match any URI starting with 'http://example.org/').
Are such kind of patterns possible?
If not, is it planned in the current roadmap?

Thanks in advance!

Ruben

Michael Grove

Oct 14, 2016, 8:02:22 AM10/14/16
to stardog
On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 7:06 AM, Rubén Navarro Piris
<ruben.nav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> According to the documentation, wildcards are supported "to create complex
> permissions" (http://docs.stardog.com/#_wildcards).
>
> It is unclear if the * wildcard can only be used in the sense of "any
> resource of the type"

They indicate all resources of a type, eg all users, or all databases.

> or also as part of a pattern (e.g.
> "http://example.org/*" to match any URI starting with
> 'http://example.org/').
> Are such kind of patterns possible?

No.

> If not, is it planned in the current roadmap?

Yes, it is something we'd planned, the issue number is #3203.

Cheers,

Mike

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Ruben
>
> --
> -- --

Rubén Navarro Piris

Oct 14, 2016, 8:18:51 AM10/14/16
to Stardog

Hi Mike!

Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't found the location of the issue tracker in order to check the status of the mentioned task and the planned release version/date. Could you point me to the location of this information?

Cheers!

Ruben

Michael Grove

Oct 14, 2016, 8:35:00 AM10/14/16
to stardog
On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 8:18 AM, Rubén Navarro Piris
<ruben.nav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike!
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't found the location of the issue
> tracker in order to check the status of the mentioned task and the planned
> release version/date. Could you point me to the location of this
> information?

We don't make our private issue tracker available to the public. Our
customers have access to the tickets they've submitted which are
cross-linked to our internal issue tracking so that the two are kept
in synch.

Our release notes list the ticket number of everything that was closed
for that release, so you can reference those when seeing if a
particular issue has been resolved.

Cheers,

Mike

Rubén Navarro Piris

Oct 14, 2016, 8:59:16 AM10/14/16
to Stardog

<ruben.nav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike!
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't found the location of the issue
> tracker in order to check the status of the mentioned task and the planned
> release version/date. Could you point me to the location of this
> information?

We don't make our private issue tracker available to the public. Our
customers have access to the tickets they've submitted which are
cross-linked to our internal issue tracking so that the two are kept
in synch.

Ok

Our release notes list the ticket number of everything that was closed
for that release, so you can reference those when seeing if a
particular issue has been resolved.

Any information on when this task (#3203) is planned to be finished in terms of version and/or date?

Michael Grove

Oct 14, 2016, 9:49:08 AM10/14/16
to stardog
On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 8:59 AM, Rubén Navarro Piris
<ruben.nav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 2:35:00 PM UTC+2, Michael Grove wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 8:18 AM, Rubén Navarro Piris
>> <ruben.nav...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Mike!
>> >
>> > Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't found the location of the issue
>> > tracker in order to check the status of the mentioned task and the
>> > planned
>> > release version/date. Could you point me to the location of this
>> > information?
>>
>> We don't make our private issue tracker available to the public. Our
>> customers have access to the tickets they've submitted which are
>> cross-linked to our internal issue tracking so that the two are kept
>> in synch.
>

> Ok
>>

>> Our release notes list the ticket number of everything that was closed
>> for that release, so you can reference those when seeing if a
>> particular issue has been resolved.
>

> Any information on when this task (#3203) is planned to be finished in terms
> of version and/or date?

You're the first person to request it; we've been notionally targeting
the 5.x timeline.

Cheers,

Mike

Zachary Whitley

Oct 14, 2016, 9:55:19 AM10/14/16
to Stardog
I noticed looking through the documentation that there isn't a list of the valid security resource types in the Security section. They're mentioned in examples but there's to complete list.  I did eventually find it down in the http protocol section though. I'll see if I can update the docs and put in a pull request but I thought I'd mention it.
"resource_type" : "user" | "role" | "db" | "named-graph" | "metadata" | "admin" | "icv-constraints" | "*",

--
-- --
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Stardog" group.

Evren Sirin

Oct 14, 2016, 10:01:16 AM10/14/16
to Stardog
Hi Zachary,

They are listed in this section: http://docs.stardog.com/#_resources

Best,
Evren
>> ---
>> "Stardog" group.
>> email to stardog+u...@clarkparsia.com.

Zachary Whitley

Oct 14, 2016, 10:35:20 AM10/14/16
to Stardog
Wow, how did I miss that. I probably shouldn't be looking for things using my phone.

>> > For more options, visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/a/clarkparsia.com/group/stardog?hl=en
>>
>> --
>> -- --
>> ---
>> "Stardog" group.

> --
> -- --

-- --
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Stardog" group.