Stardog empire sparql update

1 view

Martijn van der Blom

Aug 18, 2014, 11:07:56 AM8/18/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi,

I'm trying to implement the sparql update for use with Empire. I found that the Stardog client libraries for Empire, specifically StardogEmpireDataSource, does not expose the underlying Connection's update method, which (if i'm right) is needed for executing a sparql update. Is there any way around this limitation? or could you provide me with a version of the clients libraries which do expose this method?

Thanks,
Martijn van der Blom

Mike Grove

Aug 18, 2014, 1:49:21 PM8/18/14
to stardog
On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Martijn van der Blom <m.vand...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to implement the sparql update for use with Empire. I found that the Stardog client libraries for Empire, specifically StardogEmpireDataSource, does not expose the underlying Connection's update method, which (if i'm right) is needed for executing a sparql update. Is there any way around this limitation? or could you provide me with a version of the clients libraries which do expose this method?

Empire would need to be modified to take advantages of the SPARQL Update capabilities provided by the underlying database.  Simply exposing the calls in the Stardog bindings would not be sufficient to make Empire use SPARQL Update.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks,
Martijn van der Blom

--
-- --

Martijn van der Blom

Aug 18, 2014, 2:17:38 PM8/18/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Yes, i would like to try modifying Empire to make use of the sparql update (as you suggested in the Empire disscussion group), but this is the next problem i run into. I think i need the underlying connection's update method to execute the sparql update from Empire. If i'm wrong, could you please point me in the right direction?

Your help is much appreciated!

Martijn

Mike Grove

Aug 20, 2014, 12:01:51 PM8/20/14
to stardog
On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Martijn van der Blom <m.vand...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, i would like to try modifying Empire to make use of the sparql update (as you suggested in the Empire disscussion group), but this is the next problem i run into. I think i need the underlying connection's update method to execute the sparql update from Empire. If i'm wrong, could you please point me in the right direction?

You'd need to update the DataSource interface to add a method to run an update query.  You may also need to update RdfQuery to be aware of update specific bits, and you'll probably want to add a method to Dialect on whether or not the language has update semantics.  Then you can in the EntityManager you can base the update method on the current approach for stores w/o update, and for those that do, you can run the new SPARQL update based code.

Cheers,

Mike