License of java artifacts

Rubén Navarro Piris

Mar 10, 2016, 8:22:51 AM3/10/16
to Stardog
Hi!

I successfully integrated the public maven repository into my build. However I did not find any license information (I check 2 or 3 libraries, no license file in the jar files or in the pom file).
I couldn't find any information on the topic in the documentation website either.

Were can this licenses be found?

Cheers!

Ruben

Zachary Whitley

Mar 10, 2016, 9:22:53 AM3/10/16
to Stardog
Are you talking about the license as in the legal document describing the licensing terms or the license as in the file that verifies the type of license you'd like to operate stardog under?

I'm not sure if it's contained in any of the artifacts but the legal document describing the licensing terms can be found the the distribution zip under docs/ in the files EVALUATION_LICENSE.txt and COMMUNITY_LICENSE.txt . You can try searching for those documents in the artifacts you've downloaded in your local maven repo.

As far as the operating license, that wouldn't be included in any artifacts and you'd have to use the license that was provided as part of your download after registering at http://stardog.com or the license provided after purchase.

At least that's how I understand it.

--
-- --
---

Rubén Navarro Piris

Mar 10, 2016, 10:14:13 AM3/10/16
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi Zachary!

I'm not referring to the server license, but on java library license. My question is, if the java artifacts under http://maven.stardog.com are bound to some commercial license limiting their usage and/or redistribution (e.g. in a .war file or an executable .jar with dependencies included).

Cheers!

Rubén Navarro Piris

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Stardog" group.

Kendall Clark

Mar 10, 2016, 10:28:48 AM3/10/16
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Ruben,

We will try to find some ways to make this more clear (maybe in pom.xml) but the artifacts we distribute from Maven are licensed in the same way as artifacts we distribute via other means: either via an eval license in the distribution (LICENSE.txt) or via some other commercial license agreed to by the relevant parties.

Or to put it another way: we don't grant redistribution rights on any Stardog components unless otherwise explicitly granted in an end user license agreement. All of our Github components are Apache licensed, which includes redistribution rights.

Cheers,
Kendall Clark