New inferred statement notifications

Alex Batlin

Feb 17, 2014, 9:25:04 AM2/17/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
In Stardog, can you figure out when a new statement is made, which inferences that generates in turn, and broadcast those as an event e.g. if I create either axioms or rules that infer say a money transactions based on one or more other statements, is there a way to figure out that a new statement will now be inferred, and have an action hook to deal with that?

Héctor Pérez-Urbina

Feb 17, 2014, 2:03:59 PM2/17/14
to stardog
Dear Alex,

Stardog does not materialize inferences; rather, we employ a query-rewriting approach as explained here [1].

--
-- --

Best,
Héctor

Alex Batlin

Feb 18, 2014, 1:05:46 PM2/18/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
I know that, sorry if the question is confused but what I am asking is : is there a way to create a hook in Stardog so that when a new statement is inserted, the hook is fired with all new inferred statements?

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to stardog+u...@clarkparsia.com.

Héctor Pérez-Urbina

Feb 18, 2014, 1:52:44 PM2/18/14
to stardog
On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Alex Batlin <alex....@bytehaus.co.uk> wrote:
I know that, sorry if the question is confused but what I am asking is : is there a way to create a hook in Stardog so that when a new statement is inserted, the hook is fired with all new inferred statements?

Not directly. Inferred statements exist only implicitly: they become apparent *only* when a relevant query is executed. As such, we can't know when they are generated (because they're not).

You could come up with a query that talks about the type of statement you're interested in, execute it every time a new statement is inserted, and in case it has any 'new' results, do something. This would be similar to having a trigger over materialized views.

--
Best,
Héctor

Alex Batlin