Not able to query with literals with reasoning on

Shishir Kumar

Oct 4, 2013, 7:02:14 AM10/4/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi,

I have imported the sample abox and tbox data given in the stardog distribution using the below command:

./stardog-admin db create -n myDB -t D -u admin -p admin -o icv.enabled=true icv.reasoning.type=QL -- examples/data/University0_0.owl examples/data/lubmSchema.owl

Then I execute the below query to find a matching property for a literal value:

 ./stardog query "myDB;reasoning=QL" "SELECT ?p WHERE {<http://www.Department0.University0.edu/FullProfessor0> ?p \"Research20\"} LIMIT 20"

This gives an exception: com.clarkparsia.pellet.api.term.impl.entity.PlainLiteralImpl cannot be cast to com.clarkparsia.pellet.api.term.entity.Individual

This behavior is happening for both CLI and Java-Jena implementation. However if I remove the reasoning from the query, the query executes as expected giving the result.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Shishir

Héctor Pérez-Urbina

Oct 4, 2013, 9:09:45 AM10/4/13
to stardog
Hi Shishir,

Thank you for your email. I was unable to reproduce the issue you encountered. What version of Stardog are you using?

--
-- --

Best,
Héctor

Shishir Kumar

Oct 5, 2013, 12:09:52 AM10/5/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi Hector,

I am using stardog-1.2.3.

Mike Grove

Oct 7, 2013, 7:25:12 AM10/7/13
to stardog
On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM, Shishir Kumar <shishi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Hector,

I am using stardog-1.2.3.

Try with Stardog 2.0.  In 1.x, when the predicate was a variable, the assumption was that it was an object property variable, which is the issue you're seeing.

As of 2.0, we do a better job of guessing the user's intent when the predicate is a variable, and also allow some typing information to be provided in the query to clarify ambiguous usage.

Cheers,

Mike

Shishir Kumar

Oct 7, 2013, 10:58:35 AM10/7/13