Version id on commit

Rubén Navarro Piris

Aug 24, 2016, 2:35:14 AM8/24/16
to Stardog
Hi!

I'd like to post a feature request:

- return versionId on VersioningConnection.commit (or a new method providing this functionality)

The context is to be able to know which version was generated by the recently commited transaction for further processing. The VersioningConnection.versions().getHead() approach would only work if the update logic in the application is synchronized (not ideal), otherwise parallel requests would make the approach inconsistent.

Cheers!

Ruben

Evren Sirin

Aug 25, 2016, 9:13:23 AM8/25/16
to Stardog
Thanks for the suggestion. We created issue 3091 for this request and
we'll implement this in a future release.

Best,
Evren