Annex documentation

mikel.egan...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2014, 11:00:35 AM2/7/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi;

I would like to use Stardog for teaching how to publish Linked Data datasets. I normally use sesame + pubby, but I believe Stardog offers the same functionality through Annex, is this correct?

I have downloaded Stardog 2.1 (btw, very easy to use, congrats!) and even though I can see an Annex jar in the bundle I haven't been able to find any documentation specific to Annex in http://docs.stardog.com.

I would appreciate any pointers to such documentation or any other information w.r.t Annex and how to use Stardog for publishing Linked Data datasets.

Thanks

Kendall Clark

Feb 7, 2014, 11:40:50 AM2/7/14
to stardog
Mikel,

Thanks for asking! We don't yet have narrative documentation for Annex & Stardog Linked Data API, but we do have some API documentation:

Please let me know how that works for you. We'll add it to the TODO list to expand on this in the Stardog docs proper.

Cheers,
Kendall

--
-- --

Mikel Egaña Aranguren

Feb 11, 2014, 6:41:01 AM2/11/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Thanks for the pointer.

Since I'm teaching I want the students (biologists with very basic programming skills) to focus, as much as possible, on the Linked Data itself rather than the concrete implementation. My impression is that Annex, in its current state, would be too much implementation work for them; more specifically, Pubby provides content negotiation and serves HTML pages out of the box (to some extent), but in order to implement those with Annex, in its current state, they would have to write code against the API, is my understanding correct?

Thanks again

Regards

Kendall Clark

Feb 11, 2014, 9:07:44 AM2/11/14
to stardog
Yes, that sounds about right. Inasmuch as Annex is an API, it's best used by writing code against it. :>

Cheers,
Kendall