Feature request: web console to display only distinct triples from different graphs

Conrad Leonard

Jul 30, 2015, 9:47:08 PM7/30/15
to Stardog
We have a dataset that can be considered to consist of multiple overlapping subgraphs, and a requirement to control access to these subgraphs on a per-user basis. The way we're implementing this is to copy the data from each defined subgraph to its own named graph (so triples in overlaps get copied to multiple named graphs), and use Stardog's named-graph security feature to grant access to per-graph access to users and roles. This works well but for one wrinkle, which is that when users have permissions on multiple graphs, what they see in the webconsole when they look at something in the intersection of two or more subgraphs is multiple copies of the same triple (screenshot). Of course at the quad level they are different, but it would seem reasonable that quads sharing the same non-graph component get collapsed to a single triple in the UI especially since the UI is not presenting any graph-of-origin information anyhow. Not everyone will want that behaviour but I think it would be a good configuration point to have, and even default to.
Screenshot from 2015-07-31 11-16-24.png